Virtual assistant jobs are among the most popular work-at-home jobs. They are some of the most flexible and high-paying freelancing jobs.
If you are looking to kick-start your virtual assistance career, you are in the right place.
We have compiled all the important details that will help you succeed with virtual assistant jobs.
Most importantly, you will find a list of virtual assistant websites and companies that are looking to hire virtual assistants like you.
But before we get to the best virtual assistant companies hiring, let’s look at some crucial aspects of being a virtual assistant.
What does a Virtual Assistant do?
As a virtual assistant, you will be providing different administrative and management services to organizations, from a remote location. If you’re a beginner, you might be asking yourself, what jobs can a virtual assistant do? Some of the services you will sell to your clients include:
- Social media management
- Event planning and management
- Managing calendars
- Scheduling appointments
- Sending and replying to emails
- Preparing reports
- Personal tasks like booking hotels, restaurants and flights
- Simple digital marketing tasks
- Any other duty that a personal assistant can perform such as making dinner reservations
Looking for easy ways to earn extra cash online? Checkout:
- Survey Junkie – Earn cash and rewards by doing surveys
- Swagbucks – Get paid for taking surveys, watching videos, searching the web, playing video games, and shopping online. ($10 Signup bonus)
- Inbox Dollars – Get paid for doing simple tasks online. ($5 Signup bonus)
- Branded Surveys – Will pay you with cash or gift card rewards for completing surveys. Join Branded Surveys USA | Branded Surveys Canada | Branded Surveys UK
- SurveyTime – Get paid $1 for every survey you complete. Available WORLDWIDE.
What skills do you need to become a virtual assistant?
The most critical skills you need to excel as a virtual assistant are:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good time-management skills
- Reliable – Your client needs to trust you with their work
- Self-motivated – You will be working alone, without constant supervision
- Patient – Because you will encounter difficult tasks and customers while working
- Strong interpersonal skills
These skills will distinguish a great virtual assistant from a flaky one. Becoming a virtual assistant is not an overnight success. You can always develop the skills above and improve your performance in virtual assistance.
Popular work-from-home jobs
- 35 Legit Work From Home Jobs Without Investment Or Registration Fees
- 19 Places To Find Remote Jobs From Home
- 10 Low-Stress Online Jobs For Introverts
Do I need virtual assistant training?
Yes. Virtual assistant jobs from home require some form of training before getting started. Luckily, you don’t need to look far for this kind of training.
Gina is a super successful VA who knows what it takes to start and grow a thriving virtual assistant business. She created an amazing virtual assistant training course that covers everything you need to know to become a virtual assistant with the potential to earn over $100 per hour.
How do I get a job as a virtual assistant?
After you have trained and done thorough research on what virtual assistant jobs entail, your next step would be to go job-hunting. Worried about acquiring clients? Worry no more; here are some of the sure ways that almost guarantee you a virtual assistant job:
- Try sourcing for employment from your networks. You never know who could be looking for a virtual assistant
- Sign up with virtual staffing companies. These companies will be looked into detail later in the article
- Create a virtual assistant profile on freelance sites and bid for work
- Join virtual assistant networks on social media platforms
- Create a website displaying your services to potential clients
- Take advantage of job boards such as ZipRecruiter
- Join a course and have your trainer connect you to clients
How much money can you make as a virtual assistant?
The pay for a virtual assistant varies significantly, depending on tour experience, skills, and the company you’re are working for. Most virtual assistants, however, earn anywhere between $10-$50 per hour.
How much you earn monthly will depend on how many hours of work you take. Virtual assistant jobs are flexible; you can work as much or less as you want.
Let’s look at some companies that offer virtual assistant jobs for beginners. What companies hire virtual assistants?
Don’t forget: How To Avoid Online Job Scams When Working From Home
The best virtual assistant jobs from home. Leading virtual assistant companies to work for
Zirtual hires virtual assistants to help businesses complete tasks and stay organized. The virtual assistants on the platform are required to completed diverse tasks for the clients.
The requirements of getting approved on Zirtual are:
- A college degree
- Skills in customer service
- Pass a background test
On Zirtual, you will find full-time jobs, from 9 am -6 pm as work hours. You will also find posts that may require a bit of travel, or 100% work-from-home jobs.
- It is among the best-paying platforms for virtual assistants
- Zirtual is beginner-friendly
- A supportive support team that is quick to respond to any queries
- They do provide employee benefits that include dental, vision and medical
- You must be a college graduate and from the US
- Getting approved can be a bit hectic
2. Belay Solutions
Belay Solutions, formerly known as EA HELP, seeks to connect virtual assistants and enterprises across the United States. Belay Solutions has one of the highest ratings on Glassdoor; you will love your experience working here.
To get approved on Belay Solutions, you must:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree
- Have 5 years’ experience preferably in executive assistance or related fields
- Be proficient in modern technology and computers
The virtual assistants on this platform can set their rates between $14 and $20 per hour.
- Consistent workflow
- Flexible work environment for all their virtual assistants work remotely
- Competitive pay compared to other virtual assistant companies
- You must ace a rigorous entry interview
3. Time ETC
Time ETC is a United Kingdom-based company that connects virtual assistants to businesses and individuals who need them. The service, however, operates and hires in the US too. You will fall in love with the flexibility that their clients offer.
To pass their rigorous selection process, you must have the following:
- At least 2 or 3 years’ experience in commercial service
- Ability to dedicate a few working hours a per week
- Computer, stable internet connection and officer software suite
Time Etc pays $11-$16 per hour. You will love that Time Etc is out to build long-term relationships between the clients and the virtual assistants.
- High probability of landing a long-term client
- Consistent workflow
- A supportive support team. This makes it beginner-friendly
- You will need to be disciplined to keep up with your work schedule
Get Paid For Your Opinion At Branded Surveys
4. Fancy Hands
Despite having relatively low pay, you may love the work experience and flexibility of Fancy Hands. This makes it an excellent platform for part-time jobs. They pay their virtual assistants $3-$7 per task. The tasks may take 10 to 30 minutes to complete.
What I love most about Fancy Hands is that they never compromise on flexibility. There will always be lots of work you can do, but you can only do them whenever you want to.
Sign up on FancyHands.com to get started.
- Amazingly flexible; get to set your work hours
- Consistent workflow
- Privilege to choose the most convenient assignments for yourself
- Lower pay compared to other virtual assistant sites
5. Virtual Office VA
Virtual Office VA connects virtual assistants to clients who need help running their daily administrative duties. They have a particular interest in the real estate world.
The virtual assistant jobs on this platform entail a lot of phone calls. You should be, therefore, good with people.
What you will love most about this platform is that they provide training to hired candidates, an excellent way for a beginner to get started.
For beginners on the site, the starting pay is $9 per hour. Sign up on their page to get started. You will need to pass a test after the training session. Create a competitive profile and start sending bids.
- Provides training to hired people
- The platform is very flexible. You set your work hours and work schedule
- Their weekly pay is favorable for independent contractors
- Limited to the US
More work from home jobs:
- 30 Best Online Transcription Jobs From Home
- 15 Best Upwork Alternatives For Freelancers Looking for Online Jobs
- 15 Best Delivery App Jobs Hiring In 2020
Lifebushido is a company that hires virtual assistants globally. The virtual assistants will be required to perform administrative tasks to small businesses.
You need to dedicate 5-20 hours of work per week. Their pay is $10 per hour. Sign up on their page to get started.
- Hires worldwide
- Flexible work condition, for you choose when to work and how much to work
- Inconsistent flow of work
7. Red Butler
Red Butler hires virtual assistants to carry out diverse tasks for their clients. The most popular tasks on their platforms would be to schedule meetings, organize conferences, make calls, research, and scheduling travel.
They have both full-time and part-time work opportunities.
- You are most likely to get long-term engagements with clients on this platform
- A responsive support team that will always work on the queries of the employees
- They offer one of the most competitive rates in the industry
- You will need to multi-task between clients and different orders to keep up with the platform
8. 99 Dollar Social
If you are in love with social media, you will love your virtual assistance experience on 99 Dollar Social. A lot of virtual assistant gigs on 99 Dollar social involve social media management.
Before getting hired on 99 Dollar Social, you will need to commit to managing 10 social media accounts. They pay per social media account managed, and not per hour committed to work.
The best thing about this platform is that they offer you training videos to get started.
- They offer training videos, making it suitable for beginners
- The flow of work is guaranteed
- Quick responses and support from the management
- Flexible working hours and environment
- Smooth interviewing and approval process
- The flat-rate pay per account managed may not work suitable for some freelancers.
9. Okay Relax
Okay Relax is a platform that seeks to offload the work burden from its clients. The clients will upload their work, and they will be connected to remote virtual assistants, who will ensure the task is handled effectively.
As a virtual assistant on this platform, you should expect to manage phone calls, research, reservations, scheduling appointments, and daily administrative posts.
You will love that you will directly be assigned to a client. You will forget about having to bid for clients. Beginners on this platform earn $11-$13 per hour. The pay goes up to $16-$18 per hour.
You will need a Bachelor’s degree to get approved. You will undergo rigorous training for 3 weeks after you get approved.
- Training is offered
- A client is assigned to you depending on your skills and their requirements, no more bidding for clients
- You are assured about work consistency
- Hires worldwide
- You will need to keep up with the urgency of some tasks. They will always have jobs with very tight deadlines.
10. Boldly (formerly Worldwide 101)
If you are looking for virtual assistant jobs from a company that hires people as employees, Boldly would be your ideal option. With the ’employee’ tag, you will benefit from various compensations and allowances.
Boldly is one of the best-paying virtual assistant companies in the market. They pay $20-$25 per hour.
To get hired on Boldly, you will need the following:
- Ace 3 video interviews,
- Experience in relevant positions
- Pass a background check
- Conversance with the internet and cloud-based technologies
- A reliable internet connection
- Decent pay
- Privilege to enjoy employee benefits
- Flexible working conditions
- Getting approved can be quite hectic
11. Virtual Gal Friday
Virtual Gal Friday hires assistants in the United States. The company hires their virtual assistants as employees, but still giving the privilege of flexible work hours.
Some of the popular duties you would execute for clients on this platform are:
- Answering phone calls
- Sending and replying to messages
- Medical assistant duties
- Receptionists jobs
- Paralegal work
- Managing the calendar
- You need to be good with Microsoft Excel and Word to get approved.
You can set your compensation rate between $5 and $20 per hour.
- Employee benefits
- Decent rates
- Consistent workflow
- You should expect to take up work from employees who quit, without early notice
12. Equivity VA
If you would love gigs in executive administration, Equivity VA would be your ideal platform. Your earnings depend on the client you work for. The average pay, however, ranges from $13-$19 per hour. You can source for both part-time and full-time gigs on this platform.
Sign up on their page to get started.
- Decent pay
- Chances of landing a long-term client
- Inconsistent flow of work
Magic is one of those virtual assistant companies that hire assistants from all over the world. The flexible and work-at-home experience on this platform is fantastic. Assistants on this platform should expect to perform regular virtual assistant tasks.
- A great work-from-home experience
- Communicate with your clients privately
- Consistent work flow
- Magic undergoes lots of engineering and maintenance activities. This may be good in upgrading the platform, but occasionally leads to inconsistent workflow
14. Office 88
Office 88 offers virtual assistant jobs for independent contractors. The virtual assistants on the platform perform general secretarial duties. You may also bump into other freelance gigs such as web designs and translating services.
Each project pays differently on this platform. Most of the gigs pay between $11 and $18.
- Consistent flow of work
- Diverse kinds of services you can offer
- Pay is displayed before you take up the gig
- You need to be diligent with quality and deadlines. Clients are given discounts on poor results and failed deadlines. Such discounts are charged from the virtual assistants’ pay.
Money making ideas:
- 30 Best Money Making Apps To Earn Cash With Your Smartphone
- 7+ Easy Ways To Make Extra Money Working From Home
- 25 Real Ways To Make Money From Home
15. Smith A.I
Smith A. I hires virtual receptionists based in the US. Most of the platform’s clients are law firm owners. You should, therefore, expect to work in paralegal lines. Some positions on this platform are bilingual, and they are better paying.
The virtual receptionists earn $10 per hour, while bilingual virtual receptionists earn $11 per hour. Sign up on their page to get started
- They offer additional employee benefits to their virtual receptionists
- The fast-paced work environment makes it suitable to build your skills while working
- Friendly coworkers and management
- Part-time workers need to dedicate at least 4 hours a day in 5 days a week. This makes it quite inflexible.
16. Virtual Assistant Talent
Virtual Assistant Talent seeks to connect virtual assistants to businesses. They have lots of virtual assistant jobs in the real estate field. You will love their no-contract obligation. You can always leave, cancel orders, or quit the platform whenever you want to.
The support team will always monitor your work and time management. This is to ensure you give the best quality to clients. Substandard quality will have you replaced with another virtual assistant.
- No-obligation contract
- Consistent flow of work
- Supportive and friendly support team
- Short notices to replace assistants who quit
20Four7VA hires virtual assistants from all over the world. They also help small businesses and e-commerce companies from all over the world to accomplish their daily administrative tasks.
They have a preference for Virtual assistants with knowledge in eBay, Amazon Seller Assistance, SEO, content writing, and web development.
The site will match your profile to jobs that need your skills. For this reason, be sure to create a strong profile to showcase your skills. Their pay depends on the client you are working for.
- A friendly support team that will see you earn even as a beginner
- Consistent flow of work
- You get matched to the client who needs your skills, no need to bid for work
- Lots of jobs on the site come with tight deadlines
Which of these virtual assistant jobs do you like most?
Virtual assistant companies make it easy for you to earn money working from the comfort of your house. A lot of small businesses and entrepreneurs are avoiding the risk of permanently hiring a personal assistant. As a virtual assistant, you should take advantage of this, and earn as much as you can working from your house, and for fewer hours.
If you are just starting, the above virtual assistant jobs for beginners will give you a thrilling experience. Get as many clients as you can on different platforms. Get to work and watch yourself gain a proper family-work balance.
Which of these virtual assistant jobs from home do you like most? Do you have any other virtual assistant websites to add? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.